Saturday, October 12, 2013

The husband who is afraid to die...

Hello my readers!
Today I will talk about an article that I read in http://www.theguardian.com. This article is a about a women speaking about their husband. She talks about a big fear of this husband that he can’t control. This extreme fear has relation with the death and is uncontrollable. The women says that theirs husband is a good and quiet man but when he remembers the fear something is wrong because he is terrified. He says that his fear is not rational and knows but he don´t know what to do because is something stronger than him.
The women says that when their husband was a child their brother die for a illness I in a short time because he had a terminal disease. She believe that for this reason her husband is so afraid of death, but she don`t knows the real reason of this fear and her husband also knows. This is the page of the article: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/oct/04/husband-fear-of-death-thanatophobia
I think that this fear is called thanatophobia and is an extreme fear about the death. This is a kind of fear that has no rational basis, for this reason is that the psychology should take care of this and help the people to overcome. I think that is very important that this people understand their problem and can realize it's not real.
Is a very interesting article and I hope that you can read this.

Regards J

5 comments:

  1. that should be a very debilitating phobia, I feel sorry for the woman who lives with that sick man :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sorry for the man!! I think is very difficult fighting with the phobia because the persons that suffer this disorder know that is irrational but they can't do anything... the scared and the thoughts are uncontrollable

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend! your news is very interesting. I love U!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh i felt very bad when i read your new... But is important to learn about the fobias

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that someday we as psychologists can help people as this man, with phobias or other disorders

    ReplyDelete